Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian struck by motorist Saturday in Derry has died
Jeanne Petrin, 69, died at Massachusetts General Hospital Monday, police said in a press release.
No charges have been filed against the driver, Denis Mwaura, 17, of 19 Linlew Drive, Derry, police said.
The accident occurred at about 5:30 p.m. when Petrin was crossing Tsienneto Road northbound in the area of Sunview Condominiums toward the parking lot of a business, Fireye Inc. While crossing the road, Petrin was struck by a car driven by Mwaura travelling westbound toward the intersection of Tsienneto Road and Route 28, police said.
Lt. Dan Beattie said Saturday night that it was dark and the collision occurred in a poorly lighted area.
"The pedestrian had just stepped off and unfortunately the collision was unavoidable," Beattie said.
The accident is being investigated by the Derry Police Accident Reconstruction Team.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax