Home » News » Public Safety
Pedestrian struck by motorist Saturday in Derry has died
Jeanne Petrin, 69, died at Massachusetts General Hospital Monday, police said in a press release.
No charges have been filed against the driver, Denis Mwaura, 17, of 19 Linlew Drive, Derry, police said.
The accident occurred at about 5:30 p.m. when Petrin was crossing Tsienneto Road northbound in the area of Sunview Condominiums toward the parking lot of a business, Fireye Inc. While crossing the road, Petrin was struck by a car driven by Mwaura travelling westbound toward the intersection of Tsienneto Road and Route 28, police said.
Lt. Dan Beattie said Saturday night that it was dark and the collision occurred in a poorly lighted area.
"The pedestrian had just stepped off and unfortunately the collision was unavoidable," Beattie said.
The accident is being investigated by the Derry Police Accident Reconstruction Team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 1
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 20
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 2
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber