Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Manchester man arrested for gas station theft, punching officer
The incident began about 12:20 a.m. Tuesday at Gulf Express at the corner of Wellington Road and Londonderry Turnpike.
Sgt. Richard Brennan said a man entered the store, got a soda and then went to the counter to pay for it. When the clerk opened the register drawer, the man reached over and grabbed the cash.
He fled the store with the money. About 40 minutes later, Officers Lisa Mackey and Eric Joyal were in the police transport van traveling on Candia Road when they spotted the suspect, later identified by police as Gedeon Karasi of Manchester, on Candia Road.
Joyal injured a hand in the incident and went to a hospital as a precaution, according to Sgt. Richard Brennan.
Karasi is charged with theft, two counts of simple assault and resisting arrest. He pleaded innocent to the charges later Tuesday morning in 9th Circuit Court, Manchester District Division, and trial was set for Dec. 17.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Activist in chicken suit was warned not to pester Shaheen prior to arrest - 0
- Judge orders prosecutors to disclose more details in Portsmouth bat beating probe - 0
- Former Claremont police dispatcher waives hearing on sexual assault charges - 0
- Some sexual assault charges dismissed against Nashua caretaker - 0
- Dover man indicted in sexual assault of young girl - 0
- Rochester man facing attempted murder charge - 0
- Mother, daughter, man charged in prostitution case in Nashua - 0
- Alleged accomplice of Dover-area burglaries indicted - 0
- Somersworth liquor store robbed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 9
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917