Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Thief snatches woman's purse outside Institute for the Arts
MANCHESTER — Police are searching for a man who snatched a woman's purse from inside her car Monday night as she was leaving the New Hampshire Institute of Art on Concord Street.
The 62-year-old Laconia woman told police she parked in lot outside the institute. She just got into her car about 9:45 p.m. and was sitting in the driver's seat with the door still open when a man suddenly approached and stood between her and the open door. He demanded her purse and reached into the car across her and grabbed the small lime green pocketbook that was on the front passenger seat.
The strap, partially wound around the woman's wrist, was ripped off when the robber pulled the purse toward him. The man fled with the bag and was last seen running east in the alley toward Union Street.
The purse snatcher is described as a light-skinned black man in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5-foot-8 with a chubby or husky build. He was clean-shaven and wore dark pants.
The purse contained a small amount of cash, a cellphone and some identification cards.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry man accused of threatening, sexually assaulting two girls - 0
- Hollis police say stun gun needed on ‘unruly’ man - 0
- AG agrees man who killed woman, 70, in Littleton hotel was insane at time - 1
- Police accuse man of trying to sell guitars, amps taken in Manchester burglary - 0
- Mother and child startled by late-night intruder in their Manchester living room - 0
- Hollis police use stun gun on man described as unruly - 1
- Rochester man arrested after crash in Somersworth - 0
- Dover man accused of trying to sexually assault a girl - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Deadline extended for startup competition in Rochester - 0
- Citizens Bank offers good citizen scholarships - 0
- Rochester man arrested following crash in Somersworth Monday night - 0
- Stocks end higher as blue chips rally - 0
- NH jobless rate dips to 4.5 percent - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 0
- Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing - 0
- Flooding shuts down North Country highways - 0
- Officials say Northfield man presumed drowned after 'Polar Plunge' - 0
Flooding shuts down North Country highways
Authorities detonate suspicious package left near Boston Marathon finish line on one-year anniversary of bombing
Rep. Shea-Porter honored for efforts to aid in health care by National Association of Community Health Centers
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917