Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Thief snatches woman's purse outside Institute for the Arts
MANCHESTER — Police are searching for a man who snatched a woman's purse from inside her car Monday night as she was leaving the New Hampshire Institute of Art on Concord Street.
The 62-year-old Laconia woman told police she parked in lot outside the institute. She just got into her car about 9:45 p.m. and was sitting in the driver's seat with the door still open when a man suddenly approached and stood between her and the open door. He demanded her purse and reached into the car across her and grabbed the small lime green pocketbook that was on the front passenger seat.
The strap, partially wound around the woman's wrist, was ripped off when the robber pulled the purse toward him. The man fled with the bag and was last seen running east in the alley toward Union Street.
The purse snatcher is described as a light-skinned black man in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5-foot-8 with a chubby or husky build. He was clean-shaven and wore dark pants.
The purse contained a small amount of cash, a cellphone and some identification cards.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
KSC field hockey first in coaches poll
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917