Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Thief snatches woman's purse outside Institute for the Arts
MANCHESTER — Police are searching for a man who snatched a woman's purse from inside her car Monday night as she was leaving the New Hampshire Institute of Art on Concord Street.
The 62-year-old Laconia woman told police she parked in lot outside the institute. She just got into her car about 9:45 p.m. and was sitting in the driver's seat with the door still open when a man suddenly approached and stood between her and the open door. He demanded her purse and reached into the car across her and grabbed the small lime green pocketbook that was on the front passenger seat.
The strap, partially wound around the woman's wrist, was ripped off when the robber pulled the purse toward him. The man fled with the bag and was last seen running east in the alley toward Union Street.
The purse snatcher is described as a light-skinned black man in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5-foot-8 with a chubby or husky build. He was clean-shaven and wore dark pants.
The purse contained a small amount of cash, a cellphone and some identification cards.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
- Total Votes: 917