Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Thief snatches woman's purse outside Institute for the Arts
MANCHESTER — Police are searching for a man who snatched a woman's purse from inside her car Monday night as she was leaving the New Hampshire Institute of Art on Concord Street.
The 62-year-old Laconia woman told police she parked in lot outside the institute. She just got into her car about 9:45 p.m. and was sitting in the driver's seat with the door still open when a man suddenly approached and stood between her and the open door. He demanded her purse and reached into the car across her and grabbed the small lime green pocketbook that was on the front passenger seat.
The strap, partially wound around the woman's wrist, was ripped off when the robber pulled the purse toward him. The man fled with the bag and was last seen running east in the alley toward Union Street.
The purse snatcher is described as a light-skinned black man in his late 20s or early 30s, about 5-foot-8 with a chubby or husky build. He was clean-shaven and wore dark pants.
The purse contained a small amount of cash, a cellphone and some identification cards.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Total Votes: 917