Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: How will he top the Twinkie auction for Santa Fund?
And it turns out Mayor Gatsas is also a fan of Morin's cookies, so it seems the Chocolate Infiniti Cookie may be the Twinkie of 2013.
What can't Mike Morin do? The award-winning radio host and baker is also an author. His new book "Fifty Shades of Radio; True Stories of a Morning Guy Being Wired, Tired and Fired" contains many hilarious stories of the stunts he's pulled, famous people he's met, and fans he's encountered during his days behind the microphone. The book, available for $19.95 at GOSHOPNH.COM, even includes some priceless pictures of Morin with various celebrities (and a mustache).
One of my boys is taking a weekly class at Majestic Theater headquarters on Elm Street, which means I get to spend an hour each week checking out downtown coffee shops. Last week I happened upon Café La Reine, and I felt like I was transported to a different, cooler city.
Wine tastings are a dime a dozen around here, but I have never been to a spirits tasting before. This Thursday, the New Hampshire Liquor Commission will offer more than 300 spirits and local cuisine for tasting at its Distiller's Showcase of Premium Spirits at the Radisson.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- George Will: The benefits of prudence - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Paul and Cruz vie to become Reagan's heir - 0
- Thomas Sowell: Liberal education policies hurt minorities - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Yes, our paltry rainy day fund is a really big deal - 3
- Rep. Terie Norelli: New Hampshire workers deserve higher minimum wages - 2
- Les Bernal: Why don’t casino advocates and executives patronize casinos? - 5
- David Harsanyi: Do most Americans agree with Demsocrats? - 3
- Sam Cohen: ‘No compromise’ gun groups shoot themselves in the foot - 10
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 18
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth