Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: How will he top the Twinkie auction for Santa Fund?
And it turns out Mayor Gatsas is also a fan of Morin's cookies, so it seems the Chocolate Infiniti Cookie may be the Twinkie of 2013.
What can't Mike Morin do? The award-winning radio host and baker is also an author. His new book "Fifty Shades of Radio; True Stories of a Morning Guy Being Wired, Tired and Fired" contains many hilarious stories of the stunts he's pulled, famous people he's met, and fans he's encountered during his days behind the microphone. The book, available for $19.95 at GOSHOPNH.COM, even includes some priceless pictures of Morin with various celebrities (and a mustache).
One of my boys is taking a weekly class at Majestic Theater headquarters on Elm Street, which means I get to spend an hour each week checking out downtown coffee shops. Last week I happened upon Café La Reine, and I felt like I was transported to a different, cooler city.
Wine tastings are a dime a dozen around here, but I have never been to a spirits tasting before. This Thursday, the New Hampshire Liquor Commission will offer more than 300 spirits and local cuisine for tasting at its Distiller's Showcase of Premium Spirits at the Radisson.
If you have an interesting item for Scene in Manchester, write to Scene@UnionLeader.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges in Hollis - 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 7
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release