Home » News » Public Safety
Crews battle structure fire in Littleton
Littleton fire crews were dispatched to 361 Meadow St. at 8:29 p.m. Saturday, after a driver passing the site noticed black smoke coming from the eaves of the apartment building. Upon arrival, firefighters were told by a man there that he attempted to put out the flames using a small fire extinguisher, but was driven back by heavy smoke.
Firefighters entered the home and reached a third floor attic, where they found fire had spread into the floor and laterally into the outside walls. Crews knocked down the attic fire, then tore open ceilings and floors to extinguish any hidden flames.
The fire was declared under control at 9:28 p.m., with damage contained to the attic and a kitchen and bedroom on the second floor. Firefighters were clear of the scene at 11:45 p.m. No injuries were reported.
Fire crews from Lisbon and Whitefield, along with St. Johnsbury, Vt., assisted at the scene. The cause of the fire was listed as undetermined as of Sunday afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 9
- Dozens of ill Keith Urban fans treated at concert near Boston - 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 5
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 3
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Workplace abuse: Governor gets one right - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride