Home » News » Public Safety
Crews battle structure fire in Littleton
Littleton fire crews were dispatched to 361 Meadow St. at 8:29 p.m. Saturday, after a driver passing the site noticed black smoke coming from the eaves of the apartment building. Upon arrival, firefighters were told by a man there that he attempted to put out the flames using a small fire extinguisher, but was driven back by heavy smoke.
Firefighters entered the home and reached a third floor attic, where they found fire had spread into the floor and laterally into the outside walls. Crews knocked down the attic fire, then tore open ceilings and floors to extinguish any hidden flames.
The fire was declared under control at 9:28 p.m., with damage contained to the attic and a kitchen and bedroom on the second floor. Firefighters were clear of the scene at 11:45 p.m. No injuries were reported.
Fire crews from Lisbon and Whitefield, along with St. Johnsbury, Vt., assisted at the scene. The cause of the fire was listed as undetermined as of Sunday afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 3
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 2
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 2
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof