Home » News » Public Safety
Crews battle structure fire in Littleton
Littleton fire crews were dispatched to 361 Meadow St. at 8:29 p.m. Saturday, after a driver passing the site noticed black smoke coming from the eaves of the apartment building. Upon arrival, firefighters were told by a man there that he attempted to put out the flames using a small fire extinguisher, but was driven back by heavy smoke.
Firefighters entered the home and reached a third floor attic, where they found fire had spread into the floor and laterally into the outside walls. Crews knocked down the attic fire, then tore open ceilings and floors to extinguish any hidden flames.
The fire was declared under control at 9:28 p.m., with damage contained to the attic and a kitchen and bedroom on the second floor. Firefighters were clear of the scene at 11:45 p.m. No injuries were reported.
Fire crews from Lisbon and Whitefield, along with St. Johnsbury, Vt., assisted at the scene. The cause of the fire was listed as undetermined as of Sunday afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads