Home » News » Public Safety
Crews battle structure fire in Littleton
Littleton fire crews were dispatched to 361 Meadow St. at 8:29 p.m. Saturday, after a driver passing the site noticed black smoke coming from the eaves of the apartment building. Upon arrival, firefighters were told by a man there that he attempted to put out the flames using a small fire extinguisher, but was driven back by heavy smoke.
Firefighters entered the home and reached a third floor attic, where they found fire had spread into the floor and laterally into the outside walls. Crews knocked down the attic fire, then tore open ceilings and floors to extinguish any hidden flames.
The fire was declared under control at 9:28 p.m., with damage contained to the attic and a kitchen and bedroom on the second floor. Firefighters were clear of the scene at 11:45 p.m. No injuries were reported.
Fire crews from Lisbon and Whitefield, along with St. Johnsbury, Vt., assisted at the scene. The cause of the fire was listed as undetermined as of Sunday afternoon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 1
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief