Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Florida out to transfer Bulger there
The order, called a detainer, calls for prison officials to transfer the mobster to the Sunshine State. Just when that may happen, however, is still being discussed.
Last night Bulger was back in a Plymouth prison after being slapped with two life sentences. Prosecutors in Oklahoma - where Bulger has another pending murder rap - are also mulling a capital case against the South Boston crime lord now that he's been sentenced in Boston for his three-decade reign of terror.
Bulger is charged in Florida with the 1982 execution of businessman John Callahan and in Oklahoma with the 1981 slaying of World Jai Alai owner Roger Wheeler. Both were killed by Bulger henchman Johnny Martorano.
"It's our understanding that they're going forward in Florida," Kelly said.
Tulsa District Attorney Tim Harris said he'll confer with Miami prosecutors, as well as Wheeler's family, before deciding whether to bring Bulger to Oklahoma to face trial.
Officials seek to keep convicts within 500 miles of their home, however, many high profile federal inmates are quickly shipped off under armed guard to ADX Florence, a maximum security prison in Colorado.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Total Votes: 917