Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Florida out to transfer Bulger there
The order, called a detainer, calls for prison officials to transfer the mobster to the Sunshine State. Just when that may happen, however, is still being discussed.
Last night Bulger was back in a Plymouth prison after being slapped with two life sentences. Prosecutors in Oklahoma - where Bulger has another pending murder rap - are also mulling a capital case against the South Boston crime lord now that he's been sentenced in Boston for his three-decade reign of terror.
Bulger is charged in Florida with the 1982 execution of businessman John Callahan and in Oklahoma with the 1981 slaying of World Jai Alai owner Roger Wheeler. Both were killed by Bulger henchman Johnny Martorano.
"It's our understanding that they're going forward in Florida," Kelly said.
Tulsa District Attorney Tim Harris said he'll confer with Miami prosecutors, as well as Wheeler's family, before deciding whether to bring Bulger to Oklahoma to face trial.
Officials seek to keep convicts within 500 miles of their home, however, many high profile federal inmates are quickly shipped off under armed guard to ADX Florence, a maximum security prison in Colorado.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 26
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483