Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Florida out to transfer Bulger there
The order, called a detainer, calls for prison officials to transfer the mobster to the Sunshine State. Just when that may happen, however, is still being discussed.
Last night Bulger was back in a Plymouth prison after being slapped with two life sentences. Prosecutors in Oklahoma - where Bulger has another pending murder rap - are also mulling a capital case against the South Boston crime lord now that he's been sentenced in Boston for his three-decade reign of terror.
Bulger is charged in Florida with the 1982 execution of businessman John Callahan and in Oklahoma with the 1981 slaying of World Jai Alai owner Roger Wheeler. Both were killed by Bulger henchman Johnny Martorano.
"It's our understanding that they're going forward in Florida," Kelly said.
Tulsa District Attorney Tim Harris said he'll confer with Miami prosecutors, as well as Wheeler's family, before deciding whether to bring Bulger to Oklahoma to face trial.
Officials seek to keep convicts within 500 miles of their home, however, many high profile federal inmates are quickly shipped off under armed guard to ADX Florence, a maximum security prison in Colorado.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 31
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 1
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 4
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917