Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Nashua couple charged in pair of Manchester robberies
Stephen Ham, 47, and his wife, Debbra, 50, were charged with two counts of robbery each. Mr. Ham also was charged with being a fugitive from justice for a warrant out of Massachusetts on a robbery charge. They were last known living at the Motel 6 in Nashua, according to police Det. Robert Keating.
The first robbery was reported at 3:08 a.m. at the Mobil on the Run, 1019 Second St. Mr. Ham entered the store, wearing dark clothing and a dark ski mask covering his face, police said. He showed a knife and told the clerk to give him the money. He took the cash register out of the drawer and appeared to move around the corner looking for more money. He took about $200, police said.
About 10 minutes later, Mr. Ham entered the Shell station at 245 Eddy Road, and waited for a customer ahead of him to cash in a lottery ticket, Keating said. Mr. Ham showed the clerk a knife and left with the cash register unit minus the monitor, snagging about $346 in cash, authorities said.
Mr. Ham fled, and the cashier got a partial license plate belonging to the vehicle driven by Mrs. Ham, Keating said.
A state trooper spotted a vehicle matching the description of the one spotted fleeing the Shell station and arrested the pair, he said.
In an unrelated robbery, two men entered the N & K Market, 374 Pearl St., around 6:40 p.m. Friday.
One man jumped the counter showing a knife. He is described as between 5-feet, 6 inches and 5-feet 8 inches tall, wearing jeans with rips in them, white sneakers, a white sleeveless shirt over a dark long-sleeved shirt, a black hat and a red bandana over his face. He also sported white batting gloves, police said.
The second man was armed with what appeared to be a crow bar. He was described as 6-feet tall, wearing a dark shirt, gray-green pants, dark sneakers, dark gloves and a black hat with yellow stripes, Keating said.
They escaped with about $100 cash.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 10
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 10
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax
- Total Votes: 917