'Business casual' on the horizon for Pinkerton Academy students?
The "Unified Dress Code," as it is now called, would narrow the choices and eliminate denim for day-to-day wear, Anderson said. Students might still be able to occasionally wear jeans as part of more casual or "dress-down" days, she said.
First, students were asked: "If you were not required to purchase our Unified Dress code clothing from a single store or vendor, but to purchase it from a variety of stores, would you be in favor of a Unified Dress Code?"
The second question asked: "If you were not required to have a school logo on the clothing items, would you be in favor of a Unified Dress Code?"
"Same thing, I go out to buy a nice shirt from JCPenney — does it have to have a school logo on it?" Ahrens said.
Since it sounds similar to "uniform, " Administrators considered removing the word "unified" from the policy, Ahrens said.
At an on-campus fashion show earlier this year, Student Council members modeled clothing that would be allowed under the proposed dress code, including polo shirts and even a sweater vest. Some students said they liked the proposed options, Ahrens said. Others said, "I wouldn't wear that in a million years," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Manchester education standards proposal derided at public hearing - 6
- Proposed Common Core alternative will get public review tonight - 6
- New headmaster eager to take the reins at Pinkerton - 0
- SNHU, NH Institute of Art merger talk creates anxiety for some - 4
- UNH- Manchester looks to move into Pandora building - 2
- Wilton school project begins - 0
- Nashua explores taking over Brentwood School - 0
- Franklin Pierce lays off four full-time employees - 0
- New Highland-Goffe's Falls principal starts job today - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
Despite late start in growing season, North Country's blueberry picking season soon to be here
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain