Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Manchester firefighter's detective work pays off with arrest of burglary suspect
Allen, 51, told police he was in his home when he heard a knock at the door early Wednesday morning. He didn't answer, but looked out the window and saw a teenager walking toward a side door.
His interest piqued, Allen went outside to check on what was happening and saw his basement door wide open.
Allen told police he chased the youth for a short distance, but then returned home and got his car, driving around the neighborhood.
He told police he spotted the youth in the school office, where Allen said he also saw his cell phone sticking out of the teen's pocket.
• Also about 4 p.m., officer Brian Gillotte responded to a Pine Street address, where a third-floor apartment door was forced open sometime after 11:30 a.m. Clothing and cash were taken from a bedroom.
So far this year, there have been 800 burglaries, compared to 854 at this time last year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 2
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 2
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 8
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief