Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Police: Manchester teen's crime spree caused $200,000 in damage to stolen, torched cars
Robert Conroy, 17, of 50 Cranwell St. is charged with 10 counts of felony theft of motor vehicles and five counts of arson. Howard Fohlin, 25, of the same address also was arrested for resisting arrest/detention.
Sgt. Brian N. O'Keefe said the investigation is continuing and Fohlin could be facing additional charges. Investigators also believe several other people were involved and expect further arrests.
It was a burned out Manchester Water Works vehicle found in September that ultimately led investigators to Conroy, according to police.
A tedious investigation followed involving the department's Special Enforcement Division, arson investigators with the Manchester Fire Department and the National Insurance Crime Bureau.
After meeting with city Deputy Fire Marshal Mitchell Cady, police said investigators connected 13 other cases to the stolen and torched Water Works vehicle and, ultimately, to Conroy.
The evidence gathered and "reliable information" resulted in Conroy's arrest, according to investigators.
O'Keefe said the damage to the cars is estimated at nearly $200,000.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH had 17 homicides in 2014, down from last year - 0
- Two people hospitalized following report of stabbing, police say - 0
- Merrimack teen charged in threats, assaults on girl - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 1
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive - 3
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 1
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 1
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2014 top 10 list of wage and hour - 0
- Thumbs-up for Ebert's winner - 0
- It's Central, Merrimack - 0
- Goal: Stay healthy - 0
- Year in review: A look back at NH's top stories - 0
- Indecent proposition from New London chief was 'chilling' says victim - 1
- Details of Reams inquiry released - 0
- Workers' rally to bring back Artie T. captured public's heart - 0
- School district to receive millions withheld by state - 0
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
Thoughts as we move from one year to another
Details of Reams inquiry released
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483