Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Teen arrested after spate of vehicle arsons in Manchester
Robert Conroy, 17, of 50 Cranwell Dr., was arraigned Friday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on 10 counts of felony theft of motor vehicles and five counts of arson. Bail was set at $15,000 cash/surety, with conditions that include no contact with the vehicle owners, including the commercial owners.
Police and fire investigators say the GPS system in a stolen Water Works truck, one of two trucks found torched Sept. 4 in the west side area known as Black Acres, provided key information that ultimately led to the arrest of Conroy. The GPS track was matched with video surveillance at several locations.
After meeting with city Deputy Fire Marshal Mitchell Cady, police said investigators connected 13 other cases to the stolen and torched Water Works vehicle and, ultimately, to Conroy.
Investigators were able to determine that while a number of the thefts occurred in the general area where Conroy lives, the vehicles were disposed of in a variety of locations including Black Acres, Pine Island Park, Stevens Pond and Bypass 28/Rattlesnake Road, as well as on city streets.
Information gathered indicated Conroy and others involved would drive around the city in the stolen vehicles, drinking alcohol, smoking marijuana and binging on pills.
O'Keefe said the investigation is still active and additional arrests are expected. Because Conroy could enter no plea to a felony in Circuit Court, a probable cause hearing date was set for Nov. 26. There will also be a status hearing that day on a loitering/prowling charge from Sept. 15 on Agnes Street, for which he failed to appear in court last month.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
- Revised lice policy gets cool reception from some at Manchester school meeting - 1
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus