Home » News » Public Safety
Trees spared during Hampton Falls orchard fire
A firefighter works at the scene of a brush fire at Applecrest Farm Orchards in Hampton Falls on Thursday morning. (JASON SCHREIBER/Union Leader Correspondent)
The fire broke out just after 10:30 a.m. at the well-known orchard at 133 Exeter Road.
The fire was located about 200 feet away from the housing area, Lord said.
"They may have burned a few days ago and the embers from that, because it's very windy and very dry, just got up and took off. We had a fire the other night (in town) that was the same thing. Somebody had a fire previous days and it was never fully extinguished," he said.
Lord estimated the area burned to be about 150 feet by about 50 feet.
The fire partially burned some trees in a wooded area but the flames spared the apple trees.
"The foam is like a coating so that it won't reignite. By the time we're done with this it will be this big white blanket over the whole thing," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'