Home » News » Public Safety
Trees spared during Hampton Falls orchard fire
A firefighter works at the scene of a brush fire at Applecrest Farm Orchards in Hampton Falls on Thursday morning. (JASON SCHREIBER/Union Leader Correspondent)
The fire broke out just after 10:30 a.m. at the well-known orchard at 133 Exeter Road.
The fire was located about 200 feet away from the housing area, Lord said.
"They may have burned a few days ago and the embers from that, because it's very windy and very dry, just got up and took off. We had a fire the other night (in town) that was the same thing. Somebody had a fire previous days and it was never fully extinguished," he said.
Lord estimated the area burned to be about 150 feet by about 50 feet.
The fire partially burned some trees in a wooded area but the flames spared the apple trees.
"The foam is like a coating so that it won't reignite. By the time we're done with this it will be this big white blanket over the whole thing," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- House Rules Committee rejects majority leader vote, OKs letting lawmakers carry guns - 0
- Man stealing wine threatens clerk of Manchester 7-Eleven with knife - 0
- Standing up for Salvation: Ringing the bell in the cold is a tough job - 0
- Man charged in Manchester stabbing - 1
- Hampstead home invasion suspect wants evidence tossed - 0
- Police say man swung ax at ex - 1
- Celtics dominate Orlando - 0
- Bruins hold on in Minnesota, beat Wild in OT - 0
- Andreoff hat trick paces Monarchs - 0
Police arrest pair after bullets fly
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Jeb takes a dip: First Flavor of the Week
'Resilient' teen has a long road to recovery
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Power Plays: BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Police: Man endangered child after overdose