Home » News » Public Safety
Trees spared during Hampton Falls orchard fire
A firefighter works at the scene of a brush fire at Applecrest Farm Orchards in Hampton Falls on Thursday morning. (JASON SCHREIBER/Union Leader Correspondent)
The fire broke out just after 10:30 a.m. at the well-known orchard at 133 Exeter Road.
The fire was located about 200 feet away from the housing area, Lord said.
"They may have burned a few days ago and the embers from that, because it's very windy and very dry, just got up and took off. We had a fire the other night (in town) that was the same thing. Somebody had a fire previous days and it was never fully extinguished," he said.
Lord estimated the area burned to be about 150 feet by about 50 feet.
The fire partially burned some trees in a wooded area but the flames spared the apple trees.
"The foam is like a coating so that it won't reignite. By the time we're done with this it will be this big white blanket over the whole thing," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 40
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads