Home » News » Public Safety
Abigail's disappearance felt strongly by other teens in Conway
"The issues surrounding Abby are huge for many students," said Trisha Jacobson, a North Conway mental health specialist. "Students are experiencing everything from anxiety to complete withdrawal."
"Those who know Abby have their concerns, but there are kids who are falling apart over this who didn't know Abby at all," Rogers said.
"We ask that you keep a close eye on your child, listen to them, and talk about any concerns they have. It is important to make sure they are eating correctly, sleeping enough, getting exercise, and making healthy choices as they process this uncertainty," the letter read.
"Teens feel disconnected with the adult world as it is," she said. "Often the emotional stuff doesn't get processed and it comes out somewhere else."
"Now, every time I have a teenager in the office, I'll open up the issue, and they really want to talk about it; they are scared and nervous," she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release