Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
As his own attorney, former Salem planning board member gets on judge's nerves
Jeffrey Gray, 51, an Ex-Salem planning board member, appeared Thursday in Rockingham County Superior Court to upend his conviction of aggravated felonious sexual assault. (JAMES A. KIMBLE)
A jury convicted Gray on a single count of aggravated felonious sexual assault last June but cleared him of seven other charges including kidnapping. He is serving a 7- to 14-year state prison sentence.
Judge Marguerite Wageling repeatedly urged Gray to pick up the pace and again encouraged him to reconsider using a court-appointed lawyer instead of going it alone.
Windham police Chief Gerard Lewis and public defender Anthony Naro, who represented Gray at his trial last year, are among the witnesses expected to be called at the next hearing.
Court papers say the recently discovered lab report shows that DNA samples collected from the victim do not point to a third party, as Gray suggests.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 29
- Police arrest two following Portsmouth fight with hammer and knife - 0
- Mass. resident arrested on warrant tied to Pelham donation jar theft - 1
- Manchester SWAT team swoops in on South Mammoth Road home - 0
- Pot plants worth $25,000 seized in Wilmot - 1
- Lawyers for Manchester man challenge competency of suspect in 2001 Auburn murder - 0
- Two-car crash in Salem prompts arrest of both drivers - 0
- Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old - 1
- Former Nashua alderman's witness tampering trial postponed - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917