Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Hunter gets 2-4 years in shooting
Brunelle, a 31-year-old father of two, died on opening day of the 2011 New Hampshire deer rifle season from a high-velocity shot to the neck from the 30-06 Winchester rifle Holmes was carrying in the woods near his Mt. Eustis Road home in Lisbon.
Holmes, 50, remained silent throughout his trial on a negligent homicide charge and passed up another opportunity to speak Thursday.
Several family members of Brunelle — who was not hunting the day he died — gave victim-impact statements during the hour-and-a-quarter hearing.
"The victim bears no responsibility in his own death," said Bornstein, adding that Brunelle died because Holmes failed to exercise proper caution while hunting, and did nor make sure what he was firing at before he pulled the trigger.
"He can't believe that this has happened," Harden said.
"He has nothing other than anguish about this, and remorse. There's nothing I can say, and nothing Wade can say to make this better."
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 10
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917