Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Hunter gets 2-4 years in shooting
Brunelle, a 31-year-old father of two, died on opening day of the 2011 New Hampshire deer rifle season from a high-velocity shot to the neck from the 30-06 Winchester rifle Holmes was carrying in the woods near his Mt. Eustis Road home in Lisbon.
Holmes, 50, remained silent throughout his trial on a negligent homicide charge and passed up another opportunity to speak Thursday.
Several family members of Brunelle — who was not hunting the day he died — gave victim-impact statements during the hour-and-a-quarter hearing.
"The victim bears no responsibility in his own death," said Bornstein, adding that Brunelle died because Holmes failed to exercise proper caution while hunting, and did nor make sure what he was firing at before he pulled the trigger.
"He can't believe that this has happened," Harden said.
"He has nothing other than anguish about this, and remorse. There's nothing I can say, and nothing Wade can say to make this better."
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 1
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917