Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Hunter gets 2-4 years in shooting
Brunelle, a 31-year-old father of two, died on opening day of the 2011 New Hampshire deer rifle season from a high-velocity shot to the neck from the 30-06 Winchester rifle Holmes was carrying in the woods near his Mt. Eustis Road home in Lisbon.
Holmes, 50, remained silent throughout his trial on a negligent homicide charge and passed up another opportunity to speak Thursday.
Several family members of Brunelle — who was not hunting the day he died — gave victim-impact statements during the hour-and-a-quarter hearing.
"The victim bears no responsibility in his own death," said Bornstein, adding that Brunelle died because Holmes failed to exercise proper caution while hunting, and did nor make sure what he was firing at before he pulled the trigger.
"He can't believe that this has happened," Harden said.
"He has nothing other than anguish about this, and remorse. There's nothing I can say, and nothing Wade can say to make this better."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Total Votes: 917