Milford woman launches effort to honor memorial's 13 from World War II
The thirteen trees planted behind the World War II memorial in Milford could use some sprucing up and a committee has been formed to ensure those who fought in the war are honored. (NANCY BEAN FOSTER/Union Leader Correspondent)
At the World War II memorial at the corner of Elm and Union streets, 13 arbor vitae trees were planted in the late 1940s to commemorate the men who never made it home from Europe and the Pacific.
"To most people, they're just trees," she said. "But they're so much more than that. I want to replace those trees so they bring out the story of those 13 men again."
With the help of Town Administrator Guy Scaife, a committee has been formed to study the issue of how to best honor the citizens who fought in World War II, said Lambalot.
"This is not going to happen in just a few days," she said, "but it is going to happen."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Drew Cline: Rand Paul's coalition vs. Ted Cruz's army - 4
- Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed - 4
- George Will: Understanding our divisions - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: Attorney General Eric Holder's race card - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 13
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 5
- Thomas Sowell: Fraudulent stats behind 'equal pay' claims - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: The left's arrogant groupthink - 0
- Rep. Adam Schroadter: Penalties for marijuana use in NH should fit the crime - 10
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 7
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 24
- Roger Brown's Diamond Notes: Central the early surprise in baseball ranks - 0
- Death & justice: Officer Briggs is not forgotten - 2
- Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start - 5
- P-Bruins in fight to finish - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Dubois' homer lifts BG girls over Exeter - 0
- Sox rally in ninth to win - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election