Home » News » Public Safety
Lifesaving efforts on Dublin man to be honored
The ceremony is to include everyone who helped save 74-year-old Tom LaFortune at his Dublin home on Oct. 15, including 911 dispatcher Dan Redin, LaFortune’s son and daughter, who called 911 and performed CPR, and several of the volunteer responders from the Dublin Fire/Rescue Department.
LaFortune’s wife passed away six years ago, since then he has hosted a dinner for his children in his home every Tuesday night.
LaFortune’s daughter Laura assisted Denis with counting the chest compressions.
When the Dublin Fire/Rescue rescuers arrived, Denis continued CPR until the crew had the defibrillator ready to use, LaFortune said.
LaFortune is grateful for the volunteer crew of professionals who make up the Dublin Rescue team, he said. “I can’t say enough about them.”
Initially they thought he had suffered a heart attack, but it turns out it was a collapsed bypass, he said.
“I had a bypass 13 years ago,” he said.
“We’ll start off with thanks and thank you for tomorrows, cause without them, I wouldn’t be here. it’s that simple,” LaFortune said.
Directions to the center can be found at http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/emergservices/contactus.html.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
- Derry police continue to look for missing gun left in courthouse bathroom - 0
- Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner - 2
- Merrimack police find car sticking into road, charge man - 0
- Police say impairment and speed not factors in fatal crash in Conway - 0
- Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash - 0
- Barrington man, 41, dies in cycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Soccer Preview: Talent to boot - 0
- Last call at home for Fisher Cats tonight - 0
- Jessica Goldman was on the move - 0
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 0
- Drew Cline: Small sleights of hand in Republican primaries around NH - 0
- Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you - 0
- Portman's good point: A leadership deficit all around - 0
- Scott and Genevieve Kelley - 0
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Shaheen takes on illegal immigration - 0
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you