Home » News » Public Safety
Lifesaving efforts on Dublin man to be honored
The ceremony is to include everyone who helped save 74-year-old Tom LaFortune at his Dublin home on Oct. 15, including 911 dispatcher Dan Redin, LaFortune’s son and daughter, who called 911 and performed CPR, and several of the volunteer responders from the Dublin Fire/Rescue Department.
LaFortune’s wife passed away six years ago, since then he has hosted a dinner for his children in his home every Tuesday night.
LaFortune’s daughter Laura assisted Denis with counting the chest compressions.
When the Dublin Fire/Rescue rescuers arrived, Denis continued CPR until the crew had the defibrillator ready to use, LaFortune said.
LaFortune is grateful for the volunteer crew of professionals who make up the Dublin Rescue team, he said. “I can’t say enough about them.”
Initially they thought he had suffered a heart attack, but it turns out it was a collapsed bypass, he said.
“I had a bypass 13 years ago,” he said.
“We’ll start off with thanks and thank you for tomorrows, cause without them, I wouldn’t be here. it’s that simple,” LaFortune said.
Directions to the center can be found at http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/emergservices/contactus.html.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester