Home » News » Public Safety
Lifesaving efforts on Dublin man to be honored
The ceremony is to include everyone who helped save 74-year-old Tom LaFortune at his Dublin home on Oct. 15, including 911 dispatcher Dan Redin, LaFortune’s son and daughter, who called 911 and performed CPR, and several of the volunteer responders from the Dublin Fire/Rescue Department.
LaFortune’s wife passed away six years ago, since then he has hosted a dinner for his children in his home every Tuesday night.
LaFortune’s daughter Laura assisted Denis with counting the chest compressions.
When the Dublin Fire/Rescue rescuers arrived, Denis continued CPR until the crew had the defibrillator ready to use, LaFortune said.
LaFortune is grateful for the volunteer crew of professionals who make up the Dublin Rescue team, he said. “I can’t say enough about them.”
Initially they thought he had suffered a heart attack, but it turns out it was a collapsed bypass, he said.
“I had a bypass 13 years ago,” he said.
“We’ll start off with thanks and thank you for tomorrows, cause without them, I wouldn’t be here. it’s that simple,” LaFortune said.
Directions to the center can be found at http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/emergservices/contactus.html.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 2
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof