Home » News » Public Safety
Lifesaving efforts on Dublin man to be honored
The ceremony is to include everyone who helped save 74-year-old Tom LaFortune at his Dublin home on Oct. 15, including 911 dispatcher Dan Redin, LaFortune’s son and daughter, who called 911 and performed CPR, and several of the volunteer responders from the Dublin Fire/Rescue Department.
LaFortune’s wife passed away six years ago, since then he has hosted a dinner for his children in his home every Tuesday night.
LaFortune’s daughter Laura assisted Denis with counting the chest compressions.
When the Dublin Fire/Rescue rescuers arrived, Denis continued CPR until the crew had the defibrillator ready to use, LaFortune said.
LaFortune is grateful for the volunteer crew of professionals who make up the Dublin Rescue team, he said. “I can’t say enough about them.”
Initially they thought he had suffered a heart attack, but it turns out it was a collapsed bypass, he said.
“I had a bypass 13 years ago,” he said.
“We’ll start off with thanks and thank you for tomorrows, cause without them, I wouldn’t be here. it’s that simple,” LaFortune said.
Directions to the center can be found at http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/emergservices/contactus.html.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
- Manchester chief now one of 2 finalists for Somerville post - 0
- Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long - 0
- Jaffrey fire at transfer station - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 2
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long