Home » News » Public Safety
Police say SUV was overloaded with roofing shingles in fatal I-93 accident
State police said Donald Galligan first struck a guardrail on the left side of the highway in the area of the Windham Scales just after 7 p.m. The SUV veered to the right across both lanes of travel, then shot back to the left and crashed into the left-side guardrail.
Galligan was thrown from the 2004 Jeep. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Trooper James Powers said Galligan was not wearing his seat belt.
Both lanes of I-93 north were closed and traffic was directed through the northbound scales for about three hours.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call Trooper Powers at New Hampshire State Police Troop B, 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
- Manchester chief now one of 2 finalists for Somerville post - 0
- Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long - 0
- Jaffrey fire at transfer station - 0
- Manchester police chief a finalist for Somerville job - 2
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Missing Conway girl's mother not giving up hope - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms