Home » News » Public Safety
Police say SUV was overloaded with roofing shingles in fatal I-93 accident
State police said Donald Galligan first struck a guardrail on the left side of the highway in the area of the Windham Scales just after 7 p.m. The SUV veered to the right across both lanes of travel, then shot back to the left and crashed into the left-side guardrail.
Galligan was thrown from the 2004 Jeep. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Trooper James Powers said Galligan was not wearing his seat belt.
Both lanes of I-93 north were closed and traffic was directed through the northbound scales for about three hours.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call Trooper Powers at New Hampshire State Police Troop B, 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem