Home » News » Public Safety
Police say SUV was overloaded with roofing shingles in fatal I-93 accident
State police said Donald Galligan first struck a guardrail on the left side of the highway in the area of the Windham Scales just after 7 p.m. The SUV veered to the right across both lanes of travel, then shot back to the left and crashed into the left-side guardrail.
Galligan was thrown from the 2004 Jeep. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Trooper James Powers said Galligan was not wearing his seat belt.
Both lanes of I-93 north were closed and traffic was directed through the northbound scales for about three hours.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call Trooper Powers at New Hampshire State Police Troop B, 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire