Home » News » Public Safety
Police say SUV was overloaded with roofing shingles in fatal I-93 accident
State police said Donald Galligan first struck a guardrail on the left side of the highway in the area of the Windham Scales just after 7 p.m. The SUV veered to the right across both lanes of travel, then shot back to the left and crashed into the left-side guardrail.
Galligan was thrown from the 2004 Jeep. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Trooper James Powers said Galligan was not wearing his seat belt.
Both lanes of I-93 north were closed and traffic was directed through the northbound scales for about three hours.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call Trooper Powers at New Hampshire State Police Troop B, 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth