Home » News » Public Safety
Police say SUV was overloaded with roofing shingles in fatal I-93 accident
State police said Donald Galligan first struck a guardrail on the left side of the highway in the area of the Windham Scales just after 7 p.m. The SUV veered to the right across both lanes of travel, then shot back to the left and crashed into the left-side guardrail.
Galligan was thrown from the 2004 Jeep. He was pronounced dead at the scene. Trooper James Powers said Galligan was not wearing his seat belt.
Both lanes of I-93 north were closed and traffic was directed through the northbound scales for about three hours.
Anyone with information about the accident is asked to call Trooper Powers at New Hampshire State Police Troop B, 223-4381.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters