Pinkerton will move graduation to Manchester
DERRY — Pinkerton Academy administrators considered holding graduation on campus in June but have decided to hold the ceremony in Manchester because of safety and other concerns.
The 2014 graduation has been set for Monday, June 16, at 4 p.m., at the Verizon Wireless Arena, Headmaster Mary Anderson announced.
"In a few months, seniors will end one chapter of their life and start the next," Anderson wrote. "Parents, you have worked hard to get your children to this stage in life, and you can be very proud of your child's accomplishments."
Anderson said that in past years she has hesitated to set the graduation date because administrators can never safely estimate the number of snow days, but a new blizzard bag program has helped her feel more confident this year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Inspiring sight in downtown Nashua on Good Friday - 0
- Salem church's Guatemala mission brings blessings - 0
- St. Margaret’s to remember veterans - 0
- Copter egg drop set - 0
- Passover marks time to celebrate faith, history - 0
- Construction begins on new Kingdom Hall for Jehovah’s Witness congregation in Manchester - 2
- Office of Tenebrae at St. Joseph’s - 0
- Communal Seder set for 1st day of Passover - 0
- Dionne, O'Keefe to receive de Porres award at White Mass - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'