Pinkerton will move graduation to Manchester
DERRY — Pinkerton Academy administrators considered holding graduation on campus in June but have decided to hold the ceremony in Manchester because of safety and other concerns.
The 2014 graduation has been set for Monday, June 16, at 4 p.m., at the Verizon Wireless Arena, Headmaster Mary Anderson announced.
"In a few months, seniors will end one chapter of their life and start the next," Anderson wrote. "Parents, you have worked hard to get your children to this stage in life, and you can be very proud of your child's accomplishments."
Anderson said that in past years she has hesitated to set the graduation date because administrators can never safely estimate the number of snow days, but a new blizzard bag program has helped her feel more confident this year.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
- Nashua to combat substance abuse with knowledge at forum - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester gas station robbed; Police: Could be one in string - 0
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene In Manchester: Tracking street crime is her game - 0
- Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal - 7
- On Baseball: NH's Anderson glad to be back - 0
- Republican congressional candidate Lambert says he'd serve only 3 terms - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: The grandson also rises - 1
- Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility - 4
- You Turn, NH -- Suellen Griffin: There is first aid for mental health, too, and it works - 0
DWI License Revocations
Market Basket shelves growing bare
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back