Kids will earn college credit at Manchester school
"We have an emerging workforce problem in the state," he said. "We have an aging population and nearly half of our high school graduates leave the state... We need new policies, and STEAM Ahead is the exact kind of innovation we need to solve the problem."
The program was well-received by the school board, although Ward 9 board member Art Beaudry asked if it would be open to students at the city's other three high schools.
Gatsas said he would seek business partners to support the program, which would also help district teachers pursue advanced degrees to teach college-level courses.
"If families can save $50,000 for one year of college, that's something that is incredible," Gatsas said. firstname.lastname@example.org
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Girl Scouts need help sending cookies to military personnel overseas - 0
- Auto dealers group offers scholarship aid, funds to NH veterans programs - 0
- Commentary: Chronically homeless vets are a problem for all of us - 0
- Rep. Shea-Porter bashes planned military cuts - 0
- New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief - 0
- Sen. Ayotte concerned about cuts in COLA for new service members - 0
- NH veterans get a deal at Amesbury Sports Park - 0
- VA Medical Center to host open house - 0
- Parents of fallen SEAL will speak in Hollis - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal