Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Milton park vandalism frustrates veteran
Paul Carlson, 93, who fought in the Army Air Force over the Pacific, said this is the second time someone damaged the memorial granite benches, which had been donated by residents, at Veterans Park along White Mountain Highway.
Carlson, a longstanding member of Milton's Veterans of Foreign Ward Memorial Post 8393, said he's had to cut back on his involvement even though he currently serves as chaplain for the organization.
Carlson contacted police about the broken benches, but he has not heard if any progress has been made in identifying the vandals.
"Unfortunately we believe it was juveniles," Krauss said, adding this is common, especially at the beginning of the school year.
As it will cost about $700 to replace the bench, Carlson said a fund was recently started — with a $25 donation from a local resident. Anyone interested in helping can mail donations — with "bench replacement" in the memo section — to Milton VFW Post No. 8393, c/o Robert Graham, P.O. Box 575, Milton 03851.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Derry man faces child sex abuse images possession charges - 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 1
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 6
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform
- Total Votes: 917