Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Judge throws out plea deal for former Manchester police sergeant
Judge Gillian Abramson said neither of the sentences offered by prosecutor Marc Hathaway nor defense attorney Mark Howard was appropriate. Hathaway had sought a year's sentence in the county jail for Coco without any chance of work release or home confinement; Howard wanted six months.
The March 22 accident hospitalized Noah Hickman, 17, and Dean Drukker, 18, who have since recovered from their physical injuries.
"I'm going to reflect on what has taken place, review it, think about it, consult with Mr. Drukker, Mr. Hickman and the victims' families and proceed after going through a deliberative process," Hathaway said after the hearing.
During Tuesday's hearing, Hathaway said a plea bargain called for Coco to spend at least six months but no more than a year in the local house of correction. A key part of the plea bargain locked in language that would have prohibited Coco from serving the sentence in home confinement, work release or community service.
The fathers of the two victims said they'd like to see Coco indicted.
"I'd like to see him charged with what the Bedford Police charged him with — conduct after an accident," Hickman said.
Drukker expressed frustration that Coco's union has taken his termination to arbitration. And Coco's automobile insurance company refused to pay his son's expenses and medical bills, claiming Coco should not have been driving the undercover Manchester police SUV at the time of the accident.
"I just think Mr. Coco is wiggling out of everything," Drukker said.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 10
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917