Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Judge throws out plea deal for former Manchester police sergeant
Judge Gillian Abramson said neither of the sentences offered by prosecutor Marc Hathaway nor defense attorney Mark Howard was appropriate. Hathaway had sought a year's sentence in the county jail for Coco without any chance of work release or home confinement; Howard wanted six months.
The March 22 accident hospitalized Noah Hickman, 17, and Dean Drukker, 18, who have since recovered from their physical injuries.
"I'm going to reflect on what has taken place, review it, think about it, consult with Mr. Drukker, Mr. Hickman and the victims' families and proceed after going through a deliberative process," Hathaway said after the hearing.
During Tuesday's hearing, Hathaway said a plea bargain called for Coco to spend at least six months but no more than a year in the local house of correction. A key part of the plea bargain locked in language that would have prohibited Coco from serving the sentence in home confinement, work release or community service.
The fathers of the two victims said they'd like to see Coco indicted.
"I'd like to see him charged with what the Bedford Police charged him with — conduct after an accident," Hickman said.
Drukker expressed frustration that Coco's union has taken his termination to arbitration. And Coco's automobile insurance company refused to pay his son's expenses and medical bills, claiming Coco should not have been driving the undercover Manchester police SUV at the time of the accident.
"I just think Mr. Coco is wiggling out of everything," Drukker said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483