Husband's hope of finding wife's lost engagement ring fading
The ring fell off the roof of a car somewhere along Route 125 more than two weeks ago and hasn't been found despite days of searching with metal detectors, flashlights and head lamps.
"At this point, somebody could have it and not know how to handle it. It's just one of those things." said Bill, a manager at the Market Basket in Portsmouth.
She met up with her mother at the Brickyard Square shopping center on Route 125 to hand off her 10-month-old daughter while she took her 3-year-old son to Charmingfare Farm in Candia.
"I was completely panicked," she said.
Miraculously, her husband found the wedding ring in the grass on the side of the highway during a search a few days later.
But hope of finding the engagement ring has begun to fade after searching day and night for the last two weeks.
"It was a good five days before I could talk about this to anybody. I would just break down in tears," said Krystle, who met Bill 12 years ago while working at the Plaistow Market Basket. They married in October 2009.
While the ring is insured, Krystle said she hasn't filed a claim because she's still hoping that it will be found. The ring has sentimental value, and she wants it back.
Anyone who finds the ring is asked to call the Epping Market Basket at 679-3057.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.