Veterans and their families praised
More than 1,000 people attended the Veterans Day Ceremony at the New Hampshire Veterans Cemetery Monday. (DAN SEUFERT)
Gov. Maggie Hassan said veterans are the guarantors of democracy.
“Your strength and bravery honor us all,” she said.
“Each medal told a story of service,” she said.
Veterans “exemplify selflessness and sacrifice to their country,” Shaheen said.
U.S. Sen. Kelly Ayotte reminded those in attendance that there are still 60,000 troops serving in Afghanistan.
“We are great because of you and the families who support you,” she said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Community groups prepare for fallen Marine’s services - 0
- 'Forgotten War' veterans thanked for in Concord service - 0
- Wakefield man serves aboard USS Constitution - 0
- Bikers to remember the fallen - 0
- Six Flags tickets free to veterans - 0
- Forever Young Chorus at baseball stadium - 0
- Granite State to host Korean War ceremony - 0
- World War II vets from Hanover community turn back the clock - 0
- NH soldier will get Medal of Honor - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax