Home » News » Public Safety
NH reaches out to Philippines
“We’re very concerned for them,” said Butler, a member of the Filipino American Charitable Trust (FACT-NH). “They were five minutes from the airport, which was totally destroyed.”
“Thursday night I talked to my sister, and she said the wind was starting to really blow, and all we can do is hope and pray,” said Butler of her sister in San Jose. The five children range in age from 10 to 22.
As soon as Genevieve Santiago found out about the devastation, she approached her bosses at Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt at the Mall of New Hampshire and asked for their help.
In addition to donation boxes at the frozen yogurt franchises, FACT-NH has arranged for three drop-off locations for donated goods to be shipped to the Philippines: 16 South Willow St., second floor; Pigeon’s Market on 168 Wilson St., in Manchester; and at the Rodeway Inn, 788 Laconia Road, in Tilton, N.H.Those locations will be up and running by this morning, with more in the works, said Josie Janz, another officer with the FACT-NH group.
Tax-deductible cash donations can be made by selecting the “donate” button at the home page of the charitable trust, www.fact-usa.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus