Home » News » Public Safety
Police deal, veto on agenda
If approved, the 15 members of the union will not receive any pay increases for the first two years of the contract, but will earn a 1.8 percent increase in fiscal year 2014 and a 2.5 percent increase for fiscal year 2015, according to the proposal.
Despite the significant wage increases, Lozeau said previously that her major concern with the contract is a provision that allows union members to utilize 15 sick days toward retroactive health care costs. She is vetoing that portion of the bargaining agreement.
"I am surprised that she vetoed it," Alderman Diane Sheehan, Ward 3, said recently of Lozeau. Sheehan said city officials now have an ideal opportunity to "walk the walk," adding it is important that the board does not allow the veto to stand.
If the motion to reconsider passes, an alderman may then move to override the veto. Ten votes are required to override the mayor's veto.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus