Manchester School Board to hear Innovation Zone update Tuesday night
The meeting gets underway at 7 p.m. in the office of Dyn Inc., 150 Dow St. Dyn is an internet infrastructure company.
The city-based standards were proposed by Superintendent Debra Livingston following months of at-times contentious debate over the national standards. Under her proposal, the Common Core State Standards would serve as the "floor" for the development of the city's standards, which are being drafted over the course of the school year using several sources, including Common Core.
Starting this school year, teachers are using some Common Core standards in a pilot program for students in kindergarten through grade eight.
Manchester's seven priority schools are: Beech Street School, Gossler Park School, McDonough School, Middle School At Parkside, Parker-Varney School, Southside Middle School and Wilson School.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Cadillac' health tax costs draw big worry - 13
- Wastewater lagoon blamed for Exit 4 odor - 0
- Author and poet Maya Angelou dies at 86 - 0
- After controversy, retired NH superior court judge fights for kudos - 4
- Road to be closed for fallen Brentwood officer's procession - 0
- Brentwood Officer Arkell's death adds fresh pain to somber law enforcement memorial ceremony - 1
- Conference participants take on climate change planning - 1
- NH agencies see growing needs for seniors - 1
- Nashua to combat substance abuse with knowledge at forum - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release