Home » Opinion » Editorials
My Son: By Ada Tyrrell
That I laid by in lavender so sweet,
And here his tiny shoe and sock
I made with loving care for his dear feet.
I fold the frock across my breast,
And in imagination, ah, my sweet,
And once again I warm those little feet.
Where do those strong young feet now stand?
In flooded trench, half numb to cold or pain,
Or marching through the desert sand
God guide him and his men to-day!
Though death may lurk in any tree or hill,
His brave young spirit is their stay,
Trusting in that they'll follow where he will.
They love him for his tender heart
When poverty or sorrow asks his aid,
But he must see each do his part—
Of cowardice alone he is afraid.
I ask no honours on the field,
That other men have won as brave as he—
My son, and bring him safely back to me!
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Colebrook and Berlin to get VA clinics - 0
- Job fair in Laconia attracts veterans and 39 employers - 0
- Salem couple's effort to honor Doolittle Tokyo Raiders is gaining momentum - 0
- Footwear drive to help Liberty House - 0
- Whitefield event honors Vietnam vets - 0
- Vietnam veterans remembered 50 years later in Londonderry - 0
- Post 27 events - 0
- NH soldiers share family bond — and Purple Hearts - 0
- Bill Luti: Situation in Ukraine stirs memories of events before World War II - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 1
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Anonymous email was 'malicious,' says Auburn police commissioner - 0
- Senate votes to ban hand-held cellphone use in cars; bill heads back to House - 10
- Auburn town administrator under fire - 0
- Belmont High likely will keep Red Raider mascot - 3
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Another View -- Jeff Goley and Will Infantine: Time for an increase in weekly benefits for NH unemployed